This notice explains in detail the types of personal data Wrapped In Ribbon may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll use, store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights and how you can control the manner in which we use the data we collect from you and how you can check it, amend it and delete it if you wish.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time so if you have any concerns about the data we ask you for you can always check the latest version which will be available on our website. The date of the last update will always be shown at the beginning of the notice.
Who are we?
Wrapped In Ribbon is a partnership formed in 2018 between Yusra Ali and Fatima Naqvi for the purposes of selling party goods and associated products to members of the public in the UK or overseas. All sales are currently online and we have no retail premises.
Our head office and fulfillment centre is at the following address:-
Wrapped In Ribbon
Any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or concerning the way your personal data has or is being handled by us should be sent to the above address by post, email or phone.
Collecting Data and What We Do With It
The law on data protection requires us to explain the legal justification we have for collecting and processing your personal data. Wrapped In Ribbon relies on the following three bases:-
- Consent – an example of this is when you opt-in to receive email newsletters or special offers. You can easily withdraw this consent at any time either by contacting us or by “unsubscribing” from any of the email messages we send you.
- Contractual obligations – when you order from us you are asked to accept our Terms and Conditions and these establish a contract between you and Wrapped In Ribbon. Our part of the deal is to pack and deliver the goods you have ordered and for this we need a delivery address, a means of communicating with you electronically (phone or email or both) and payment for the goods.
- Legitimate interest – Under certain circumstances businesses may send marketing information or offers to previous customers provided the goods being promoted are similar in nature to those previously purchased and that such communications do not materially impact the rights, freedom or interests of the recipients.
In the case of marketing sent electronically (email marketing) businesses also have to give customers the opportunity to opt-out of any such marketing activity. Therefore when you place an order with Wrapped In Ribbon and we ask you for an email address you will see a tick box and an explanation that if you tick the box we won’t send you marketing newsletters and/or offers. If the experience of ordering from us is entirely satisfactory (we are sure it will be!) and you want to place a further order a few months later you may decide you do want to receive newsletters and special offers from us by email. If on this occasion you do not tick the “opt-out” box your original choice will be updated and we will start to send you email marketing communications. We will make a record of your marketing email preference each time you place an order.
How We Collect Your Data
We only collect personal data from you when you give it to us by interacting with our website (www.wrappedinribbon.co.uk), when you engage with us on social media or by speaking to us on the telephone.
Here are some examples of when we might collect personal data from you. The legal basis we rely on when doing this is shown in brackets:-
- When placing an order online using an account or as a guest (contractual obligation, legal compliance and legitimate interest).
- When you sign up for our newsletter (consent).
- When you sign up for our blog (consent).
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc (contractual obligation and/or consent).
- When you comment on or review our products and services (consent and legitimate interest).
What Sort of Personal Data Do We Ask For?
- Your name & address details
- Your email address.
- Your payment card information to pay for your order. This information goes straight to our Payment Service Providers. We do not see this information and neither do we store it.
- Optionally your landline or mobile phone number if you choose to give it to us.
- Optionally the name or dates of birth and other details of your children for purposes of personalised products if you choose to give us this data
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
The personal data we ask you for is primarily used to fulfill our contract with you so we can deliver the goods you have ordered from us.
We ask you for your name and home address so we can:-
- deliver your order to you or to your delivery address if different
- check the viability of the payment method you have used and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- create a record for you in our order management system.
We ask you for your email address so we can:-
- get in touch with you about your order where necessary
- acknowledge receipt of your order and advise you when it has left us giving you details of the shipment allowing you to track its progress.
- ask the delivery service to advise you when your order will be delivered.
- tell you when any refund you have asked for has been actioned.
- stay in touch with you after subscribing to our newsletter or placing an order unless you ask us not to. These emails usually take the form of:-
- advise of free offers or periods of free delivery
- arrival of new product ranges
- arrival of seasonal ranges such as Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Summer etc
stay in touch with you after signing up for our blog. These emails usually take the form of:-
- RSS blog updates
- Blog newsletter
- send you feedback requests to help us improve our products and services. These emails do not include any promotional content.
Every marketing email we send you gives you the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from further email marketing messages.
We ask you for payment information to allow our payment services provider to manage the payment of your order and advise us when it is complete. We never see or store this information ourselves.
Optionally we ask you for your phone number so we can get in touch with you about your order where necessary.
Personal information you Consent to give us.
Of course if you sign up for a newsletter or other service by giving us your email address we will use the address for that purpose until you ask us to cease. Every communication sent to you as a result of giving this “consent” will provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe.
How Long Will We Keep Your Data
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or rendered anonymous so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Email addresses will cease to be used for marketing purposes two years after your last interaction with us or earlier if you choose to unsubscribe. If you unsubscribe your email address will go onto a suppression list so we can comply with your requirements. Email addresses on suppression lists will be kept for the life of the business.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Data With
We often have to pass your personal data to trusted third parties but only for the purposes of processing your order (fulfilling our contract with you) keeping in touch with you by direct marketing or providing you with additional facilities on our website.
We never sell, rent or pass your data to other companies for their marketing purposes.
What Rights Do You Have Over Your Personal Data?
You have the right to request:
- access to the personal data we hold about you.
- the correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing
- the withdrawal of any consent you may have previously given us to use or process your personal data